UF Health Shands Hospital was the 12th hospital in Florida and the 88th in the nation to achieve Magnet designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
UF Health Shands Hospital has received four consecutive ANCC Magnet designations since our initial achievement in 2003. The Magnet Recognition Program uses a rigorous process designed to recognize nursing excellence and provide consumers with the ultimate benchmark to measure quality care. To maintain ANCC Magnet status, we have consistently demonstrated Nursing’s effectiveness in meeting evolving standards for nursing excellence. We are proud to be considered amongst an elite group of organizations seeking their 5th Magnet designation.
Working at a Magnet Hospital Means:
- We’re recruiting the best and the brightest nurses nationally and internationally.
- The community recognizes you as the best of the best.
- We’re developing tomorrow’s leaders in nursing.
- You’re part of an interdisciplinary team whose members demonstrate respect and admiration.
- The best students will want to train here.
- You’re joining a team of nurses who are dedicated to the highest level of quality care and who understand and respect the cultural and ethnic diversity of our patients, their significant others and our fellow health care providers.
- Other health care providers across the nation will look to you as a model of the best practices in nursing services.
- You’re part of a team that’s achieving excellent patient outcomes.
- You’re a main contributor to our health care system’s overall success.
- You’re learning from and growing under a nursing leadership team that’s taking nursing to a new standard of excellence.
- You’re raising the standard of care for all other health care professionals who work around you.
- You’re joining a team of employees who are treated fairly, equitably and with the utmost respect.
- You’re complying with all federal and state nursing regulations and adhering to and exceeding quality standards.